[Adonthell-devel] Shield and Armor Rules

From: Andrew Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Shield and Armor Rules
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:10:38 -0800

I have also been thinking about the relative hardness of various materials.

I am working from the idea that hardness is measured along a continuum between skin (0.1 hardness) and stone (2 hardness). Unimproved iron would have a hardness of 1, I think. This is a draft list, of course.

So:
Human skin            0.1
Dwarvish skin         0.2
Leather                  0.3
Hardened Leather   0.4
Wood                    0.5
Brass                    0.6
Ironwood                0.7
Bronze                  0.8
Tempered Bronze   0.9
Forged Iron           1.0
Tempered Iron       1.2
Steel                    1.3
Tempered Steel     1.5
Khuzdunat Steel    1.8
Stone                   2.0

This list is more or less intended to help develop consistent stats for the armour value of a specific item based on its construction.

The other question I have is whether we want to implement item durability rules.

Andrew