Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Artwork into Wiki?

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Artwork into Wiki?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:17:27 +0100

Am 25.02.2006 um 02:38 schrieb Andrew Phillips:

I've added the text of an archived version of the 0.4 plot pdf, and
pulled the .dot graphs off savannah. However, when I tried to upload
the *.dot files to the wiki, it quibbled.

That's because you can only upload .png, .jpg and .ogg files. (And even then it might not always work, due to directory permission problems - graphics are not stored in the database, but directly on the webserver).

Anyway, the .dot files themselves are only a textual description of the actual plot graph. You'll have to run them through the dot tool to turn them into a real image. Something like 'dot -Tpng *.dot' should do the trick. I could do that, if you want.

Btw., I've made a backup of the database and images yesterday, just in case. Might have to do that more regularly, now that lots of editing is taking place.

Kai

Andrew