wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Fwd: Issue getting the default configuration of wp-mirr

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Fwd: Issue getting the default configuration of wp-mirror 0.6 to work
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:41:38 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Guy Castagnoli <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 13:17:31 +0100
To: wp mirror <address@hidden>

Kent,

have done the tests. The results are contained in the attachment. Also
compared the outcomes with curl on my SuSE installation which I'm much
more familiar with, which uses curl 7.25 (instead of debian wheezy's
7.26), and the outputs were - eventually - essentially the same.

In the attached Debian curl log, there is a strange line "* additional
stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0" but according to a google query,
it is a harmless debugging left-over that has not been removed from
all distributions..

The case " curl http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/wikimedia/dumps/ "
produces, on additon of the redirection option "-L", the page I
initially encountered and mentioned to you and that seemed to me to be
no longer the desired page.

However on " curl
http://ftpmirror.your.org/pub/wikimedia/dumps/rsync-dirlist-last-1-good.txt
" the redirection option produced a 404 Page not found error..

Hope this will help us understand the source of this curious error..

Regards,

Guy

p.s.: at first, I had trouble getting Debian's curl 7.26.0  to behave
the same way as my opensuse's curl 7.25.0. But after an "aptitude
update" run on the Debian system which did hardly anything and then a
run of "aptitude full-upgrade" which apparently updated no packages,

they started to behave the same way. Before that, Debian's curl seemed
to have a problem with the scheme part "http://"; of the URLs. Now it
gives the same results with and without the "http://";, as the curl on
opensuse..