uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Flash using WiBo, am I missing something?

From: Tomás Glaria
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Flash using WiBo, am I missing something?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 12:12:23 -0300

I'm using the uracoli-src-0.4.2.zip file from http://uracoli.nongnu.org/download.html
I want to use the WiBo for ATmega128RFA1 on a board with no peripherals (for testing, just the µC, radio and UART).
I made a board definition based on an existing board (BAT) but removing the all the unused peripherals (LEDS, buttons).
I cand compile and load the WIBOhost application, which works (apparently) and the WiBo (the bootloader) on one node.
I compiled also the xmpl code to test the wireless bootloader.

Using nodeaddr, I made an HEX file for the wibohost application and WiBo + Xmpl code:
For wibohost:
> python nodeaddr.py -a 0x0000 -p 0xCADE -f ..\bin\wibohost.hex -c 11 -B bat_2 -o out_host_0000.hex
For WiBo + Xmpl:
> python nodeaddr.py -a 0x0001 -p 0xCADE -b ..\bin\wibo.hex -f ..\bin\xmpl_wibo.hex -c 11 -B bat_2 -o out_xmpl_0001.hex

The fuse in the Host is programmed to boot from the app (BOOTRST disabled), and the fuse in the node is programmed to boot from the bootloader (BOOTRST enabled).
I can then communicate with the Host node using the wibohost.py file, I can scan and find the node.
If I send the node to load the application, it works, and loads the application (shows some debug infor on screen using UART).

Now, I try to wirelessly program the node. Using wibohost.py:
python.exe -v -P com3:500000 -A 1 -u ..\bin\xmpl_wibo.hex

The file is transfered, and the device is, apparently, flashed, but when the bootloader jumps to the application, it hangs and does nothing (I get no output on screen).

Am I missing something?
Maybe some offset for the app?

I'm using Windows 7, and flashing the bootloader using Atmel Studio 6.2.-

--
Atte.
Tomás Ángel Glaría López