uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Introducing myself and my project

From: John Duksta
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Introducing myself and my project
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:37:39 -0400

On Oct 29, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Charles Goyard wrote:
> Le 29/10/2010 18:18, John Duksta a écrit :
>> OK. I've got uracoli properly installed as a third party package under OS X.
> Great :). Note that if you remove the /usr/local/CrossPack directory, things
> will stop working. This is caused by the bin dir having scripts instead of
> the actual binaries. Get the scripts from Arduino's bin dir.
>
>>  My questions:
>>
>> * Is the bootloader in a working state?
> I could not find a bootloader for the RFA1 on the uracoli sources, but it
> exists, because the deRFA I have is loaded with it. You can try compiling the
> Arduino Mega version with MCU=atmega128rfa1 and a clock of 8MHz, since the
> core is basically the same. You can find the fuse settings in the boards.txt
> file. However I'd suggest waiting for Axel to send you the file :).
> What kind of programmer do you have handy ? I would suggest getting a JTAG
> just in case you really mess with the clocks and ISP becomes unusable.

I'll give building the Mega version a try, but will probably end up wait on
flashing my deRFA until Axel sends me a known good version.

I'm using a USBtinyISP, so I'm out of luck in for JTAG for right now. I imagine
I'll end up getting one before this project is done though.

>> * If not, could someone provide an appropriate avrdude command line for
>> flashing the deRFA? I'm fearful of setting the wrong fuses and bricking my
>> modules.
> If you want to make a big impression on your conf, try WiBo, that will let
> you update the firmware wirelessly and in parallel :). At that point you'll
> be far from Arduino Land thought.

Now that would be hysterical, especially after a couple of people at the
conference figure it out. That would be utter mayhem, with people flashing
other people's badges remotely. The anarchy would be brilliant.

-j