Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 00:31:23 GMT

    10. when doing HTML, the @image extension is tried first without
    . and then with .:
          unshift @extensions, ".$extension";
          unshift @extensions, "$extension";
    Is it right?

Yes, I guess it is good to keep that compatibility feature.
But the code above is checking with the period added first; the first
attempt should be without the period.

    11. when TOP_NODE_FILE is not set (it is set to 'index' in the
    default case),

So the user would have to explicitly unset it for this situation to occur?

    and output is SPLIT the top node file name is set to
    the document name, based on setfilename or the manual file name
    without extensions.  Is it right?

Sounds ok to me.

    Another possiblity would be to do the same as for other nodes (and
    elements), in that case the section name may be used, or the node
    name, or something along document_name-0.  What should be the right
    thing?

I don't feel strongly about it, but I think using @setfilename/filename
makes more sense in this case.

    12. Should definition line formatting in Info/Plaintext be
        internationalized?

Yes.

    With definition_category internationalized like gdt('{category} on
    {class}') or gdt('{category} of {class}').

That looks good.  In texinfo.tex we have to translate each word
separately, but it is better to give translators the phrase.

Also, you're probably doing it already, but just to be sure, the actual
word "Function" or "Macro" whatever should also be translated in the
non-objected-oriented cases.

Thanks,