Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 01:30:48 GMT

    Testing a bit texi2dvi, I see mixed results.

Indeed.  If you're interested in the TeXnical reasons why this happens,
I can explain ...  The bottom line is, this is another area where there
is no feasible way to improve the current error detection in
texinfo.tex to the point where it does everything as we would like.

In general, these limitations in TeX are why we have always recommended
that people run makeinfo first and foremost to detect errors, and not
take texinfo.tex results as truth.