Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: 12 questions for FIXMEs
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:13:24 +0100

On Sun, Nov 06, 2011 at 12:12:55AM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     4. Should something that remains after an @end ifhtml and similar
>     command on the like be ignored?  Or should there be an error
>     message?  I think that a @comment is valid, so not doing anything
>     and keeping what is on the line as is now and putting a comment in
>     the code may be enough.
>
> Right, @c (and whitespace) is ok there.  Anything else is not ok.  Both
> texinfo.tex and C makeinfo give errors, e.g., with the input
> @end example foo
> C makeinfo reports:
> endspace.tex:15: Superfluous argument to @end example: foo

Ok, I did a try with a smarter regexp.  Now the only remaining issue
with respect to missing error messages with something after @end for
raw commands is that user defined macros are not expanded.  So in case
one have

@macro spaces

@end macro

@html
in html
@end html @spaces{}

There is a spurious warning message:
  7: warning: Superfluous argument to @end html:  @spaces{}

I think this is the best I can do without doing too much changes to the code,
and it seems to me that it should be a pretty rare case.

--
Pat