Re: [Synaptic-devel] Patch: Use candidatever package info for section, s

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Patch: Use candidatever package info for section, summary etc
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 22:22:14 +0200

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:00:55PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > There are actually quite a many places where synaptic shows information on
> > whatever it happens to be first in VersionList which isn't necessarily
> > correct, at least the following use "random" version for the information
> > (from rpackage.cc):
> > - section
> > - summary
> > - maintainer
> > - priority
> > - description
> >
> > Fixing would be quite trivial..
>
> And here goes the patch, Dag says it actually even works :)

Great, thanks a lot to both of you!

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if we should have
two tabs in the information area. One for the installed package and
one for the canidate version. But I'm not sure if it will not confuse
our users. Maybe a config option?

*pondering*,
 Michael

--
"Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are."
        -- Martin Schulze