[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - different size swf on different platforms

From: Matt Sergeant
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - different size swf on different platforms
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:08:37 -0400

I've been trying to debug why an 80KB PDF generates a 500KB SWF file.

If I run pdf2swf on a Linux box that's the size I get.

If I run it on a Mac I get a SWF file slightly smaller than the PDF.

I thought maybe this was a font issue so I copied all my fonts from the Mac to the Linux box (after converting from .dfont files), and still got the same results.

Any ideas why I get such a big difference? Shall I put the output from the conversions with verbose on somewhere for people to look at?

Matt.