Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - different size swf on different platform

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - different size swf on different platforms
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 20:10:34 +0200

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:48:32 -0400
Matt Sergeant <address@hidden> wrote:

> Did you see the dots difference I posted most recently? I'm pretty
> sure it's related to the dots, not compression, as swfdump gives a
> significantly different output, and a visual inspection shows that
> the two SWFs are different (with respect to the dots).

I'd say that's a good bet.  While it's not what you are looking for,
I'm also wondering why the Mac conversion didn't deal with them!

Maybe an experiment or test case is in order?  Namely pushing a pdf
page with some lightly shaded areas through pdf2swf, to see what
results?

> Sure, but I think the dots is the problem, and so I'd like to know
> how to get the same results as the Mac produced, otherwise I'm going
> to have to switch to an ImageMagick/convert version for this app and
> use images.

Did you try some of the images manipulation swutches, available to
pdf2swf and pds2swf -s?

Also, from which ( or with which ) application are you rendering the
final pdf?   Maybe it's better to tweak the pdf with someting like
pdftk first, or render via the Python gfx module?

Regards,

Chris.