Re: [Swftools-common] How about license rules for fonts embedded in SWF

From: List_Subs
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] How about license rules for fonts embedded in SWF files
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 17:33:43 +0200

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:46:20 +0200
Hans J Nuecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> I know, not really a swftools question... But hopefully someone knows
> the answer:
>
> If a swf file contains embedded fonts: Then the distributor of that
> file must respect all license terms related to the embedded fonts,
> correct? Thanks
> Hans

It makes sense ( to me at least ), that the person embedding a
particular font is responsible for respecting any licensing terms
relating to that font.

Anyone embedding a licensed font without first obtaining the appropriate
permissions from the font owner, is liable to find thmselves on the
receiving end of a pricey lawsuit.

Regards,

Chris.