Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Media Player 0.6 beta

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Media Player 0.6 beta
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:16:31 +0100

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:24:08 -0800 (PST)
Mark Lee <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK. The problem was that after using the paused button, I
> couldn't get another video to play using the start button.

I did state the word 'beta' Mark!  The code is untidy, the SVG
graphics chunky, and it's in no way fully tested.  But, it's
about 80% there. Something to build on if I get the incentive.
More to the point, I actually managed to get a version into the
wild.  It's been a while..

A heck of a lot of variables to take into consideration as well.
Browser versions, flash plug-in versions, build quirks, etc, etc,
ad-nauseam.  Egad, one only has to take a wee look here,

  http://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer/

to see what one is up against.

> Now I'm enjoying Sting after reloading the page.

( A few you-tube rips for testing ). Try downloading the script,
compiling and running locally. The included README file has all
the details.  For example, did you perchance get to view the PDF
conversion of the Bash Guide?  There is simple integrated keyboard
viewer which allows you to navigate through the document, and also scale it up
and down.

> F11 - browser full screen is disabled when the player is loaded. > Is that
> normal?

Pass! Depends!!  Probably disabled it when avoiding some nasties.
What system and browser(s) are you using?

>Played it twice. Blown away by Winton...

If you like that you'll probably be into Bobby McFerrin as well..

Further feedback welcomed.

Cheers,

Chris.