Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf skip images

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf skip images
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:55:22 +0100

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:22:07 +0000
Ricardo Pedroso <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> A filter is a feature that appear only in version 0.9.1
>>> and I think it's not documented.
>>
>> In which case, perhaps a few lines posted at an appropriate
>> position on the SWFTools wiki, would be a very good idea?
>
> Yep, but it should go in first place into "pdf2swf -h".

Right.

> I don't know why it's not in pdf2swf help page. One reason could > be that
> Matthias don't have the feature in the state he wants,
> so don't "officially support" - I don't know... just guessing.

Better to have a note in the --help then that these additions
are experimental or incomplete, maybe?

> By the way I just found the filters when trying to solve
> Guillaume Simard specific problem.

Interesting. I must take the 'bull by the horns', start to decipher the source,
and see what Matthias and co have been
up to of late. ( After I get this current effort usable )

> I just found also that there is a textonly parameter that is
> already in the development snapshots but not in 0.9.1 that
> can be used like this: pdf2swf -s textonly doc.pdf
> It will render only the text.

Which is exactly the facility that Guillaume was asking for.

Chris.

--
Chris <address@hidden>