[Swarm-Support] creating an object from a Class other than ModelSwarm.

From: Derek Farren
Subject: [Swarm-Support] creating an object from a Class other than ModelSwarm.
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:10:04 -0300

Hello everybody.

From my experienece with swarm, it seems like you can´t create an object in
a class other than ModelSwarm (and ObserverSwarm, of course).

For example, if I have the ClassA.h and ClassB.h (none of them ModelSwarm.h) and I have in one of ClassA´s method aClassB = [ClassB createBegin: self]; sentence, the bash window gives me the following error:

*** event raised for error: InvalidArgument
*** function: _i_Object_s__doesNotRecognize_(), file: /src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/DefObject.m, line: 825
Agent does not recognize allocIVars:
*** execution terminating due to error
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:187 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]

This doesn´t happen if I create objects in the ModelSwarm class.

Am I right?

If so, how can I create objects in classes other than ModelSwarm?

Thanks

Derek Farren