Re: Osx version - Status - simpleobjcBug runs fine

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: Osx version - Status - simpleobjcBug runs fine
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:30:26 +1100

> >4. I am using an Apple compiler.

> I am using the gcc-20020909 compiler.

It is not the FSF date that matters, but how it was built.
Did you use the configure,make, make install gnu process, or the type of
command recommended in the README.APPLE file?:
gnumake install RC_OS=macos RC_ARCHS=ppc TARGETS=ppc \
                SRCROOT=`pwd` OBJROOT=`pwd`/build/obj \
                DSTROOT=`pwd`/build/dst SYMROOT=`pwd`/build/sym \
                BOOTSTRAP=

> >One last question:
> >Are you using the -fgnu-runtime flag or did you build the compiler that
> >way?
> I  used the flag only during the compilation of Swarm.

Which I take to be yes, since the flag would be meaningless except when
compiling Objective-C code.

> >Keep up the good work.  You are finding holes in the code and that will
> >benefit everybody.
> A couple of things should be added to Swarm. I'll post them as soon
> as I have time to write :-)

My point entirely.  If you have anything which you think needs fixing,
please let us know as soon as you have time.  It saves others having to
waste time solving the same problems again.

I have a conference for the next two days, but I will try to post my
changes to the CVS on Thursday.  It would be good to know how you go with
that code.  You will need to run autogen.sh on the cvs code before the
configure etc.

To get the CVS code do:
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/swarm login
and then a return at the password prompt.
Then a
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/swarm co swarm
will download the current swarm code into a directory 'swarm' in your
current working directory.

You only need to do that once.  To update subsequently: cd to the swarm
directory and type:
cvs -z3 update

> >Is it OK if I post your story on the Savannah site?
> Yes, it is ok for me.

Thanks
Bill