Re: Osx version - Status - simpleobjcBug runs fine

From: Perrone Alessandro
Subject: Re: Osx version - Status - simpleobjcBug runs fine
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:00:01 +0100

Hi

2. I am using shared libraries.  Apple makes it very clear in the
developer docs that MacOS X is a shared library system.  They frequently
update basic components in the software stack via the automatic update
mechanism.  These updates would break statically linked libraries and
anything compiled against them.  The alternative is to ignore updates, but

My first step is  to have a "static" version of Swarm objective-c,

I am not into that.
3. I am trying to use Java.

this is the second step

4. I am using an Apple compiler.

I am using the gcc-20020909 compiler.

One last question:
Are you using the -fgnu-runtime flag or did you build the compiler that
way?

I  used the flag only during the compilation of Swarm.

Keep up the good work.  You are finding holes in the code and that will
benefit everybody.

A couple of things should be added to Swarm. I'll post them as soon as I have time to write :-)

Is it OK if I post your story on the Savannah site?
Yes, it is ok for me.
Regards.
                                ALEX