Re: ParameterHeatbugs

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: ParameterHeatbugs
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:40:57 -0600

The syntax of that method changed.

Here's how I find out what it changed to:
$ cd /usr/include/swarm/
$ grep getWith *
defobj.h:- getWithZone: (id <Zone>)aZone key: (const char *)key;

so you need to replace the object with key.

In case you are interested in the Parameter passing element of that project, I have a tutorial addition here:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/ps909/Agent-Based_Models/simpleObserverBug3-6.tar.gz

I only say that because I have no recollection whatsoever if ParameterHeatbugs does anything worth looking at. Maybe it does. But it has been a long time.

Li An wrote:
Hi,

For the example of ParameterHeatbugs.tar.gz, there is a compile problem as shown below. What could be the problem? Li

address@hidden heatbugs]$ ls
ant.png              HeatbugModelSwarm.h     HeatSpace.h  MyParameters.h
ChangeLog            HeatbugModelSwarm.m     HeatSpace.m  MyParameters.h~
COPYING              HeatbugModelSwarm.m~    HeatSpace.o  MyParameters.m
HeatbugBatchSwarm.h  Heatbug.o               main.m       MyParameters.m~
HeatbugBatchSwarm.m  HeatbugObserverSwarm.h  main.m~      README
Heatbug.h            HeatbugObserverSwarm.m  Makefile
Heatbug.m            heatbugs.scm            Makefile~
address@hidden heatbugs]$ make
gcc3 -c -g -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -Wall -Wno-import -Wno-protocol -Werror -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAPPNAME=heatbugs -DAPPVERSION=2.0 address@hidden -I/usr/include/swarm main.m
cc1obj: warnings being treated as errors
main.m: In function `main':
main.m:39: warning: method `getWithZone:object:' not implemented by protocol.
main.m:39: warning: return type defaults to id
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
Li An
Systems Modeling Lab