absolute beginner

From: Gernot . Ernst
Subject: absolute beginner
Date: 11 Dec 2002 15:18:53 Z

Hi,

I am an anesthesiologist specialized in pain treatment, working in a hospital
in
Norway. There are  alot of arguments that the sensory (pain) system acts as
vomplex network including up to today more than 20 major and several minor
receptor subsystems and a rather complicated network structure.

I became interested therefore in the complexity/simulation area and dream of
models where I can simulate pain chronification and so on.

There are to points today.

First

Are there scientists who are working currently with simulations of more
peripheral
nerve networks, for example in the medulla or in the dorsal horn ?

Second

I am BEGINNER. Somne experience in computer programming (I am a
Commodore PET Veteran), but wasn't active in the field since years. No
experience with Linux and what so ever.

I was able to install the stable swarm package, but have problems to get all
the
other program packages. Does anyone has a cd with all this and could  make a
copy ? Has anyone time and interest to help (only a theoretical question) ?

Gernot Ernst