Re: Updates on Swarm requirements

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Updates on Swarm requirements
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:10:51 -0500

I said do not take the rpm file, instead the self extracting binary.

The download is 40 megabytes, so it takes a while.

I think they mean you to click on the file name with the left button in order to download it, at least it does for me. When you right click on a link to a web page, it tries to save that page's link, rather than the binary you want.

pj

Li An wrote:
Thanks, Dr. Johnson. I believe that will work. I was trying to download "Linux RPM in self-extracting file" from the website "http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html";, but seems unsuccessful: 1. after I click a few Accept and I get to "Download j2sdk-1.4.1-linux-i586- rpm.bin" and I click it. 2. Then it takes about 8 minutes for a webpage come out, first are some text about use agreement, then some weird characters (with hats, dots, etc.) follow. 3. I click File and choose "save as". Then the default file type is "web page, complete (*.htm,*html)", and the encoding is "Western European (Windows)". Next, the copy speed was very slow and a warning came out for low virtual memory or something like that. What is the problem? How can I download it from the above web?

Thanks,

Li