Re: NT install problem

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: NT install problem
Date: 02 May 2001 08:38:25 -0600

KR> Swarm has to be installed on the same drive as Windows. That
KR> problem could occur, if you install SWARm on another harddrive/
KR> partition than Windows.

This is a persistent myth.  I guess it found its way into the FAQ
because the very very first dot-zero release was this way.

HOMEDRIVE reflects the the setting of the `home directory' of the
current user.  The particular place this is set varies in NT 4.0 and
W2K but look for Users settings in the control panel.  I suggest
choosing a directory other than C:\ because when the Swarm terminal
comes up that's the directory it selects; you'll tend to collect files
there.  E.g. I use C:\mgd.