RE: Two actions at one time in schedule breaks next

From: Tee Toth-Fejel
Subject: RE: Two actions at one time in schedule breaks next
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:07:57 -0500

I take it that the GDB stack trace did not help.
Steve got the latest fixes and swarm.jar and is now getting the same error
that I got on both my machines:
first event: address@hidden
assertion "cls != 0 && name != 0 && sig != 0" failed: file
"/src/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/support.c", line 753
      0 [sig] Kaffe 1070 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to
Kaffe.exe.stackdump

[Switching to thread 437.0x1b1]
0x61009ace in libtk80_a_iname ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x61009ace in libtk80_a_iname ()
#1  0x4c in ?? ()
#2  0x61009f35 in libtk80_a_iname ()
#3  0x6100b3c7 in libtk80_a_iname ()
#4  0x6103e747 in libtk80_a_iname ()
#5  0x61003252 in libtk80_a_iname ()
#6  0x77f04ede in ?? ()

I tried running jdb in bash, but it didn't get very far.

address@hidden//c/SwarmSyncer/FlintstoneMM/FredAndWilma] $ jdb -classpath
$CLASSPATH TestMapIndexOld
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun/tools/ttydebug/TTY
address@hidden//c/SwarmSyncer/FlintstoneMM/FredAndWilma] $ echo $CLASSPATH
.;C:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\swarm\swarm.jar;C:\Swarm-2.1.1\share\kaffe\Klasses.ja
r;C:\jdk1.3\;C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\Syncer;C:\SwarmSyncer\Swarm

In DOS, two of us can't get jbd to work any more either:
C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\FredAndWilma>javac -g TestMapIndexOld.java

C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\FredAndWilma>echo %CLASSPATH%
C:\jdk1.3\;.;.C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\classes\;c:\swarm-2.1.1\share\swar
m\swarm.jar;C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\Syncer;C:\SwarmSyncer\Swarm

C:\SwarmSyncer\FlintstoneMM\FredAndWilma>jdb -classpath %CLASSPATH%
TestMapIndexOld
Initializing jdb...
> run
run TestMapIndexOld
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Setting of property "java.compiler" is
ignored

VM Started: main: starting initSwarm

Exception occurred: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException (uncaught)
thread="main", java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(), line=200
, bci=72

main[1]

We have 5 machines among 4 swarm programmers, and for all of them, the
simple example breaks at the second-to-the-last line (that calls index.next
on the time unit that contains the two actions).

BTW, schedule.xfprint() works fine and indicates to me (after looking at the
source code Schedule.m) that maybe in ObjectiveC the key is cast from an
'int' to be an 'id' (a pointer).  Maybe this is working fine when
manipulating the schedule from inside the objective C library routines, but
perhaps this is causing problems when trying to pull the individual entries
back out into java. This would explain the really wierd stack trace, since
integers are being read as pointers. But that doesn't explain why it works
for you, and not for us.

Here is the output from a machine on which we were able to get jbd to work:

//l/jfacc/temp/tee$ jdb
Initializing jdb...
> run TestmapIndexOld
Could not load the TestmapIndexOld class.
> run TestMapIndexOld
running ...
main[1] main: starting initSwarm
main: finished initSwarm, creating TestMapIndexOld
TestMapIndexOld: constructor
main: finished TestMapIndexOld, starting buildActions
main: finished buildActions
test: address@hidden
test: index.getName=swarm.collections.MapIndexImpl
first event: address@hidden

Fatal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer:
JVM_recv in
 socket input stream read
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket input
stream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java, Compiled
Code
)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java,
Compiled C
ode)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java,
Compiled C
ode)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:73)
        at sun.tools.debug.AgentIn.run(AgentIn.java:54)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

The application exited

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tihamer "Tee" Toth-Fejel                    Member of Technical Staff
(734) 623-2544   address@hidden      http://www.erim.org/
Center for Electronic Commerce, Environmental Research Institute of Michigan