Re: Strange screenshots problem

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Strange screenshots problem
Date: 06 Nov 2000 22:24:59 -0800

ER> I encounter a strange problem when trying to use the screenshot
ER> code in Heatbugs (2.1.1). What happens is that when the program
ER> gets to this code, the app slows to a crawl, and top reveals that
ER> the X server is eating up a lot of cycles. Then all other X
ER> windows except for Swarm's disappear. The other windows
ER> periodically come back and disappear again. Is there a better way
ER> to output screenshots?

The first thing to try is to carefully tile all the windows on the
screen.  Avoid overlaps or extra de-iconified windows.  If you still
see flashing of windows up and down, switch window managers.  Taking
screen shots of ordinary windows without double-buffering is a tricky
business, and the insane complexity of X window management doesn't
simplify things.

How many snapshots do you get?