Re: .pgm files

From: Matthew M Murphy
Subject: Re: .pgm files
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:51:11 -0500 (EST)

Matt,

Thanks for the helpful advice.  However, I am not able to edit the files
using xv, nor am I able to install netpbm on my machine due to some
conflicts.   Do you know if it is possible to create  acceptable (accept
for the comment info) files using gimp?  If it is possible, I would much
appreciate a description of how to get gimp to create the correct kind of
file.  Even when I save a file as ascii and grayscale, I still do not end
up with the correct format.

-=- Matt

*     Matthew M. Murphy                                               *
* "... we are often distressed by the hard edge of determinacy        *
* our verbal output substitutes for the fuzziness of our convictions" *
*                               - Daniel C. Dennett                   *