Re: Linux/WindowsNT

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: Linux/WindowsNT
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 97 14:19:47 EST

Hey, Chris,

>   Hey Ginger!  Sounds great! congratulations!
>
>   Can you tell us what the overall goal of the project is?

Intel's goal ;) ?  This is "our" slice of a Yale-wide mega-bequest.  Who
is "us" is foggy, in that that the main part of "us" may get picky about
whether I belong.  The 30 machines belong to the new Ecology and
Evolutionary Biology Department, which is due to exist in June'98.  My
research center, CCE, belongs to EEB largely to the extent that my boss
chairs both.

At any rate, whatever was on the grant (and I sure would like to see
what's on that grant....), I'm on the trickle-down slope.  "They're coming.
Make a plan.  Make us happy.  You figure it out."  Biologists.

>   Thank God for Intel! (your diety may vary - local prohibitions apply)

:)  Devout polytheist.  A bird in hand....

Cheers,
    Ginger