[no subject]

From: Bob Bell
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:04:43 -0700

Glen,

I have installed and am successfully running swarm on SGIs
running IRIX 5.3. Other than some minor error messages from
BLT (and no time to really look at them :-)  I've had very
little difficulty building any of the programs. However,
you do seem to need SGI's C compiler installed, maybe that's
the trick (thats always been the catch 22 with SGI and gcc).
I'll check my notes, but I'm fairly certain there wasn't
anything really special about the installation. I'm thinking
Ricardo's difficulties with installation are connected with
the differences between 5.3 and 6.3. I haven't played with
6.3, but I hear it's very different.

One thought though...I believe 6.3 is supposed to be binary
comaptible with 5.3 (I think I read it in one of the SGI
newsgroups or something). If that's true, perhaps we could
try running a precompiled version on Ricardo's machine.

Bob

Robert E. Bell                       | "And did you exchange
Canyon Ranger Station                |  a walk on part in the war,
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190  |  for the lead role in a cage?"
address@hidden                         |      --- Pink Floyd