Re: 2 mysterious bugs

From: Manor Askenazi
Subject: Re: 2 mysterious bugs
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 96 15:29:02 MDT

1. Re: the old axisPtr bug, you said:

      Yep, I'm curious.

   Well, check the first two posts in:

    http://www.santafe.edu/projects/
         swarm/release/swarm-support.archive/list-archive.9604

2. As per you question about this message:

      Event raised: insufficient resources: cannot allocate color xx,
        substituting white

    "my graphics hardware is certainly capable of more than 256 colors;
     it will do truecolor at some resolutions (with the right driver)."

   I'm sorry my earlier response was so simplistic (in particular my saying
   that your "screen" could only show 256 colors), its just that normally
   the people who are surprised by this message don't know about screens,
   video cards, drivers etc.

Regards,

Manor.