Re: new SWARM release

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: new SWARM release
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 96 21:58:18 MDT

>Among the nice features of new SWARM, there is one thig which I did not
>like too much: the names of variables to input in probe panels are
>displayed in alphabetical order.

I agree - Roger or Manor can answer this better.

>Also: is there a way to place windows (like zoomrasters and graphs) on
>demand? It is not user friendly that windows appear in stacks and
>must be arranged every time the user starts a new simulation run.

A good window manager can make that better - fvwm, for instance,
places things intelligently. There's also the setPositionX:Y: method
on all widgets - that will place the window exactly (assuming your
window manager cooperates).

>And last: a nice feature for SWARM  would be to add
>snapshots of graphs to file or to printer. This would allow to
>store results and use them for publication.

yes. Actually, BLT graphs have the code builtin to do a postscript
dump of themselves, although there's no straightforward way to do that
within Swarm right now (other than evaluating Tcl code). Even better
would be writing the datastream to a file, which we are very serious
about doing. HeatbugModelSwarm has a primitive version of this.