swarm-modeling

Basic References on ABM validation/verification

From: Docgca
Subject: Basic References on ABM validation/verification
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 23:34:16 EDT

Hello List,

I hope this is not a redundant request.  I am trying to get a paper on ABM
accepted into a medical journal, and in the first cycle of revisions they are
asking for some references regarding interpretation of results from the ABM.  I
recall a thread on this list about 6-8 months ago that arose from Steve
Railsbach's experience with an Ecology journal, and I have reviewed that thread
in the archives (Nancy Leveson was referenced, if I  recall).  But what I think
they want is something more basic regarding construction of the ABM,
particularly with respect to the progression from writing the program (with the
RNGs seeded) to some sort of statistical analysis (Monte Carlo?).  If anyone
out there could give me where to look for someting like this it would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Gary An,MD
Department of Trauma, Cook County Hospital

PS.  I would also appreciate any corrections/suggestions regarding the
semantics of my question, if deemed necessary.

   body of the message.