swarm-modeling

Re: Use of "second hand" code.

From: Paul E Johnson
Subject: Re: Use of "second hand" code.
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:39:29 -0500

"Sven N. Thommesen" wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Now that Swarm is also GPL, there is really no reason not to use gsl
> (except that any such code could not be distributed with any LGPL version
> of Swarm). I even have some specs floating around for how to do it (i.e.
> how to make gsl wrappers for Swarm).
>
> It's just a matter of finding the time ...
>
> Sven

I have some immediate needs and I'm going to try to write some classes
using gsl. If they work, I will pass them on to you and Marcus for
consideration.

The gsl is now a required toolkit for the Gnome desktop and so I expect
most RedHat users will have it.

Tonight I compiled gsl on a windows machine, so I know it does work in
that environment too. After installing that library, does the
Cygwin32/Swarm environment expect me to do some ldconfig-kind-of-thing
to register the library with the compiler/system?  I didn't see this in
the cygwin faq.  But in that faq I did see there is a handy program to
convert windows style paths to cygwin style paths.  That was quite
refreshing.

PJ

   body of the message.