sd_generic has problems

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: sd_generic has problems
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:58:50 +0200

On 7.9.2010 20:52, Cleverson Casarin Uliana wrote:
> The sd_generic binary module appears to be broken in both
> speech-dispatcher 0.6.8 and 0.7.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not sure about the MBROLA generic module configuration,
but the Generic module itself was working OK in 0.6.8. In 0.7
we've got a problem with the audio fallback. It will now be fixed
in 0.7.1 but is easy to overcome. Just edit your configuration
file

    /home/clevlim/.speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf

and change
    AudioOutputMethod "pulse,alsa"
    AudioOutputMethod "pulse"
(or "alsa" depending on what audio system you want to use)

I highly suspect this is your primary problem, but
can't see for sure because I would neet to see the
output module logfile.

So if it doesn't fix it, please uncomment the line Debug in
/home/clevlim/.speech-dispatcher/conf/modules//lianetts-generic.conf
and set it to
     Debug 1
then restart Dispatcher, try to do something and then send
us
/home/clevlim/.speech-dispatcher/conf/modules//lianetts-generic.conf
and
/home/clevlim/.speech-dispatcher/log/lanetts-generic.log

Thank you and Best regards,
Hynek Hanke