Speech-dispatcher on Fedora 9

From: Lars Bjørndal
Subject: Speech-dispatcher on Fedora 9
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:15:51 +0100

Jan Buchal <buchal at brailcom.org> writes:

> [...]

[...]
>     LB> Do you think I will get more success if upgrading SD?
> I think so, but be careful. :-)

I got some more success. No, I can start SD as my regular user, and it
works. Also paplay works, however not for other users than that's
started SD.

Every time I start SD I get a message claiming about missing
.speech-dispatcer directory, after upgrading to 0.6.7. How can I avoid
that?

Thank you for all your help! BTW, the Orca program does not work
properly, but that's another beast.

Lars