Speech-dispatcher on Fedora 9

From: Jan Buchal
Subject: Speech-dispatcher on Fedora 9
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:32:26 +0100

Hello,

I don know exactly which configuration of SD you have but I will you
describe, how is possible make it:

Pulseaudio is started under user. Please check if it works> paplay
file.wav under the same user like pulseaudio runs.

Then SD you need start under the same user  like pulseaudio. simply try:
spd-say hello

Regarding a configuration of SD you can use system configuration in
/etc/speech-dispatcher or in .speech-dispatcher in your home, in home of
user under which you runs SD. I recomment you try spd-conf script for
easier configuration of SD.

Have a nice day

--

Jan Buchal