Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:41:15 -0500

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Onno Kortmann wrote:

There appeared a new backup(?) at
 rsync://cvs.sv.gnu.org/sources/backup-20090527/simulavr which seems
 to be complete, just by the name of the directory. It also seems to
 be complete when looking at the contents (I tried git-cvsimport on
 it and it produced the same contents as my latest git-cvsimport
 from the old, working repository - except for my patch which got
 applied in CVS)

It looked very incomplete when I looked yesterday, but perhaps I've
caught them in the middle of restoring that one from backup.  Looking
again right now, you're right, it looks fairly complete.

Thanks for verifying it against your git copy.

Also, I think that adding two rsyncs of CVS repos is a bit
problematic, as files which should be in the Attic/ will be
'restored'.

Only in case something got cvs rm'ed between the two backups, which I
didn't believe has happened here.

Anyway, unless someone vetoes against it, I'd go ahead telling the
savannah folks to use the 20090527 backup for restoring the
repository.

Sounds fine with me.  The worse case is one or two missing
patches which won't be any trouble.

--joel