Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:54:06 +0200

As Joel Sherrill wrote:

> >Just tell me whether that worked out OK for you.  If so, I'll prepare
> >a CVS repository tarball, and file it for recovery as a support
> >request on savannah.

> Cannot access /sources/simulavr/CVSROOT
>
> Are there new instructions I missed?

Yes, in my email from yesterday. ;)

OK, here it's again:

---8<
I'd like to suggest the following recovery strategy:

. fetch rsync://cvs.sv.gnu.org/sources/backup-20090429/simulavr into a
  local directory, say /tmp/simulavr-cvs

. fetch rsync://cvs.sv.gnu.org/sources/backup-20090529-incomplete/simulavr
  on top of it

. the resulting /tmp/simulavr-cvs can now be used as a local CVS
  repository to work against

. copy the existing latest checked out working directory into a safe
  place, say /tmp/simulavr-recovery

. cd /tmp/simulavr-recovery

. cvs -d /tmp/simulavr-cvs update -Pd

If this doesn't make CVS yell about versions lacking in the
repository, this likely means that /tmp/simulavr-cvs is indeed a valid
(and up to date) repository for the project, so it can be filed as a
support request on savannah for recovery.  See

https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=5828

for the procedure.

For a cross check, go to a different directory, run a cvs checkout
against /tmp/simulavr-cvs, and compare the result against the old
working copy using diff -ur.  Except for the files under CVS/, there
shouldn't be any difference.
---8<