Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] State of Repository
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 19:56:45 +0200

As Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I don't remember anyone passing this along.

Ouch, where have you've been? ;-)

I've even cc'ed you in an email, containing a recovery plan.

> I was updating my local copy nearly daily so

I guess that's a working copy only, is it?

> should be able to address any missing commits
> after things are back online.

Please try to see whether my suggested recovery plan would work (rsync
the 20090429 backup, then rsync the 2009059-incomplete backup on top
of that, then try cvs update'ing a copy of your working copy against
that repository, to see whether it will complain about anything
missing in the repository).  As you've apparently got the most recent
working copy (the last commit has been yours), this should tell us
whether the recovered repo will match your working copy or not.

> Did anyone have any commits after that?

No, you've been the last one to commit something.  Fortunately, we've
got a CVS commit mailing list, and even though only Eric and me ever
subscribed to that list, Mailman happily archives all the commit
emails that way.