[Simulavr-devel] comments on documentation

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] comments on documentation
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:59:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Knut Schwichtenberg wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Knut Schwichtenberg wrote:
> >> BTW: Some month ago I asked the readers of this list to comment on a
> >> documentation update. Either my English is perfect - which I can't believe
> >> - or
> >> nobody read it - which can be interpreted as a level of interest in
> >> simulavrxx,
> >> but I did not get any feedback from the list until now.
> >
> > I read it.  I don't remember why I didn't comment.  I'll get back to you.
>
> The inbox of my mail account is limited to some megabyte but did not crash on
> all the feedback within the last week ;-).  Anyone willing / able to comment?

Page 2:
... functionally a library.
components do not ...
external ...

Page 4:
>From the "Attention:" paragraph, I gather that the example does not work.
It really should be replaced or supplemented by one that does.

reason ... runs immediately with an empty flash.  But
... fixed later.  It doesn't matter if you give the same
file on the command line and in the gdb file command.
At this point, I'm not sure how to fix it.
I'm not sure which command line is referenced.

Page 5:
file ... simulator has debug information ...
... the columns mean:
... code you simulate, ...

Page 6:
... for convenience (i.e.

Page 7:
so on is done by gdb
... as well as a mechanism to set ...
... compo-
nents ... Additionally ...
used ... components have to be registered with ...
whenever ....  For more detaails see
While initializing the GUI ...
[new_UserInterface ... button makes the background
by the ....  Until the button
is pressed, any updates are ignored.

Page 8:
I had trouble with 5.1.3 up to MAX_INT.
The first sentence wasn't meaningful to me.
I think that the next two sentences are intended to mean:
Digital Nets have potentially distinct input an output values
that represent a small number of digital states.
An AnalogNet has a "continuum" of values represented by
numbers in the range 0..MAX_INT.
Is the upper bound MAX_INT or MAX_UINT?

Page 9:
... difference
in function between them  ...
  From the beginning up to set ...

The sentence with swig-I/F needs work, too, but it's getting close to noon.

PAge 12:
  Of course, ...
  There have been some problems reported with crossdev.  Have alook at the
build scripts
for Linux ... has problems ...

Page 13:
... simulavrxx simulated an AVR-CPU ...

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised)