Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr error

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavr error
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:49:33 +0200

Michael N. Moran schrieb:
Michael Hennebry wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Klaus Rudolph wrote:

Knut Schwichtenberg schrieb:
Bill,

William Rivet wrote:
I'll just pipe in that I'm currently working on replacing the build
system for simulavrxx with something more sane via CMake...thanks to a
little nudging by Michael Buesch :-)
Early this year I tried to build simulavrxx and got it running under
Linux with ordinary make and without problems. Make was annoying and did not change for the last 15 years but GNU make is running under cygwin as
well as under any *nix. What is the benefit for me as a user of
simulavrxx in using CMake?

Trying to use the files that came with
simulavrxx gave me nothing but trouble.
Replacing autotools with something less tricky
than plutonium might be a good thing.

I understand all sides of the issue ...

Software developers (especially embedded software
developers) should be comfortable with using make.

I hate autotools, however, they are ubiquitous in the
free software world, and having yet-another system
for accomplishing the same thing (e.g. CMake) does
not sound like a "good thing."

OTOH, the one who volunteers to do the work SHOULD
get the majority vote :-)

Lets finish all the discussions... what is actually required from the "outside world"? As I said: "My" simulavrxx is running fine on multiple unix systems. What is needed from the others??? What can I do now to get your problems solved?

Klaus