screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Current screen HEAD can't reattach to a detached scre

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Current screen HEAD can't reattach to a detached screen 4.0.3
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:26:05 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 02:27:50PM +1100, richo wrote:
> What about the obvious, just keep a 4.03 binary around while you do the
> upgrade.

Well, the thing with it is that it's not that obvious. So thanks for
the idea! :-)

The 4.0.3 and 4.1.0 debian packages can't be installed at the same
time as of now. I'll think about how I can implement this. It's not
trivial, but doable.

Grub did something similar for the grub1 to grub2 update. And I can
check if screen sessions are running and do a normal upgrade if not.

The other idea I had was to refuse the upgrade as long as a screen is
running in a way that all packages except screen are upgraded until
the screen session is closed.

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | address@hidden (Mail+Jabber)