Re: Spam message when using CVS for webpages

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Spam message when using CVS for webpages
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:16:06 +0100

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 10:57 AM Ineiev <ineiev@gnu.org> wrote:

> In contrast, sv_membersh is distributed under the AGPL; now,
> the AGPL does include the same provisions, but also adds Section 13
> requiring that our modified version prominently offer all users
> interacting with it remotely an opportunity to receive
> the corresponding source of our version; and AGPL Section 13 has
> nothing like "you needn't make it do so if it doesn't."

I proposed that the program could offer the source via some kind of
messaging service on the Savannah web portal that users would be
guaranteed to be aware of and have access to, in order to satisfy the
AGPL requirements. There could be an entry in the side menu like
"Automatic notices" along with the number of unread notices.

sv_membersh together with what helper scripts or programs are
providing the notifications would be considered a single unit that is
providing its notifications in accordance with the AGPL.