Re: Spam message when using CVS for webpages

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Spam message when using CVS for webpages
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 12:58:08 -0500

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:07 AM Gavin Smith <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 09:56:17AM -0500, Corwin Brust wrote:
> > Thanks for raising this issue.  FWIW it has also been brought up by
> > others.  We are planning on discussing with FSF today, at the regular
> > "volunteers" meeting, where most weeks svh and fsf sysop staff connect.
> >
> > We'll update you assuming this topic does get discussed and there is some
> > conclusion to share (or when there is).
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Corwin
>
> That's good to hear!  Thank you for your quick response.

Hi Gavin,

I wanted to write back just to quickly confirm that this was discussed with
FSF staff.  Per my understanding, I believe others of the Savannah Hackers
are planning to weigh in on this discussion as well.  (If that happens in
another thread/ticket I'll be sure to CC you if I spot you in the
copy-trail.)

I also plan to make another reply myself to clarify my own position
(granted, as the newest member of the team), in brief: that this
notification is above and beyond the plain requirements of hosting an AGPL
program and should be either removed/rolled-back or else perhaps we could
consider setting the QUIET flag en-mass.

Meanwhile, as the team works to invite discussion and socialize a
consensus, I think Ineiv has already provided instruction for turning this
off within the Savannah web interface. Don't hesitate to reach out if you
have any trouble with that or other thoughts you may have.

Thanks again for writing.
Corwin