Re: Moving an existing project from SourceForge to Savannah.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Moving an existing project from SourceForge to Savannah.
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 14:05:31 +0000

Hello, Tim.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2023 at 09:58:59 +0000, Tim Landscheidt wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> wrote:

> > […]

> >> And from past experience there I know they don't make accessing the
> >> files there easy.

> > That doesn't sound very good.  :-(  I've asked their support for a copy
> > of the mailing list in, say, mbox format.  That was two days ago and I
> > haven't had a reply from them, as yet.  I do hope they reply, one way or
> > the other.

> > […]

> https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mailing%20List%20Archives/
> suggests that the archives for cc-mode should be available
> at https://lists.sourceforge.net/mbox/cc-mode for project
> administrators authenticated by their username/password.
> Does this not work?

Thanks, I didn't know that.  At the moment, I'm blocked from logging on
to SourceForge, because I won't/can't assent to their new so-called
"privacy statement".

But SourceForge (more exactly, SlashDot) has been in touch, and they
offered "we can export your raw .mbox mailing list archive ..." which I
take to mean the entire cc-mode-help mailing list archive.  That will be
helpful.  :-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).