Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] missing SSL cert from savannah site
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:23:33 +0100

Hi Sylvian, thanks for your reply.

2009/8/28 Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>:
[..]
> The certificate is valid.
>
> As written on the homepage:
>
>  Our https certificate is signed by the CAcert <http://www.cacert.org/>
>  authority, which you can import <http://savannah.gnu.org/tls/>.

CAcert is not shipped with Firefox or IE. Unles you can convince them
to include the CAcert master signature its a loosing argument..

No user I have ever met has installed a CAcert. Therefore every new
user who comes to your site will see this error, and most of them will
simply close the window, never to return.

Why not switch to an official SSL cert? I'll even pay for it.

Best regards, Jon