Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: ftp and www sync

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: ftp and www sync
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:39:13 +0100

Nic Ferrier wrote:
Is there anyway the savannah-hackers can help with a synchronization
system?

If we go back to 2 months ago, Paul posted the attached proposal for a new web sync mechanism. I implemented the CVS side (sv_sync_www_new.pl), then nothing happened. I guess I will do the CGI part and send it to Paul as a ready-to-go solution. Note that I don't know about FTP sync issues (this will still need rsync+ssh stuff I expect).
In order to update files on commit for the web repository, when a file
is committed on savannah, a HTTP POST is sent to
http://www.gnu.org/savannah/sync.  The post transaction must have a
Content-Type of "application/x-savannah-sync".  The body content
contains one filename per line.  Lines are terminated by LF.
Filenames are relative to httpd's root directory and such filenames
should not start with a "/", or contain references to "..".  Filenames
are limited to printable ASCII characters.

For example, if the files home.html and software/year2000.html need to
be updated, then a POST might look like:

    POST /savannah/update HTTP/1.1

    home.html
    software/year2000.html

If the POST is accepted, then a 200 response is returned.