[Savannah-hackers] submission of Z80 assembler - savannah.nongnu.org

From: b . wijnen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Z80 assembler - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:20:58 -0500

Bas Wijnen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: The license is GPL version 2, not later.
Package: Z80 assembler
System name: z80asm
Type: non-GNU

The program is an assembler for the Z80 microprocessor, found in the MSX
computer.

The primary goal of the assembler is to correctly assemble all valid Z80 code.
Secondary goal is to assemble undocumented instructions as well.

Once the assembler is operational, the idea is to write "header files" with
label definitions for common MSX structures, such as the BIOS.  These can then
be included in programs, so they don't need to use numeric literals.

There is already functionality to write label files, containing label names and
their values in an includable format.  The plan is to write a framework to make
some sort of a linker with this functionality.

The source code is currently hosted at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/msxz80asm/

The latest release on that site is outdated, the cvs holds the newer version of
the code.

Note that the goal of the project has changed a little bit since I wrote it
there, it is now more about an assembler for the Z80 in general, not only for
the MSX computer.

Other Software Required:
None

Other Comments:
I want to move this project from sourceforge to savannah, because I do not want
to be an advertisment for non-free software.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/