[Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and no

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:06:44 +0000

>>> "Bradley M. Kuhn" <address@hidden> 22-Mar-01 3:44:25 PM >>>

>If we wanted to go for the "NOT Sourceforge" idea, we
>could be grasp.fsf.org, where GRASP stands for: "GRASP
>Replaces A Sourceforge Project".
>There are probably other cute acronyms we could come up
>with of this nature.

As an alternative to the acronym idea how about:

  freefoundry.org
  gplforge.org
  gplsource.org

these give the general idea about what the project is about without
nailing it to the FSF or the GNU project particularly.

Unfortunately many free*.org that might be nice are taken, some (it
seems) spuriously.

Nic Ferrier