[Savannah-hackers] Re: /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah
Date: 16 Mar 2001 13:16:51 -0500

address@hidden writes:

>  It actually worked if you followed the instructions from the documentation:
>
> login subversions
> su -
> export CVS_RSH=ssh
> cd /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah
> cvs -q update
>
>  because the root public key was registered in my authorized_key.

Well, I'm not able to use "su -" because I don't know the root
password.  So I used "ksu" instead, although without the "-".  Other
than that, I followed the instructions.  I guess I should've set HOME.

> The reason
> I did that was to be able to commit changes made directly in the installed
> tree (which is not possible with your change).

Are you sure?  Is it really not possible for root to commit to any
local CVS repository?  I'm very surprised as this, but I haven't done
the experiment myself.  What is it that prevents this from working?

        Mark