[Savannah-hackers] /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah

From: loic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:58:16 +0100 (CET)

Mark H. Weaver writes:
 > Two things regarding /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah, the
 > checked-out copy of the savannah source which is web-visible:
 >
 > The */CVS/Root files contained "address@hidden:/cvsroot/savannah",
 > which meant that people other than loic couldn't do any CVS operations from
 > that directory (or at least I couldn't).  I changed those files to contain
 > "/cvsroot/savannah", which is more efficient anyway.

 It actually worked if you followed the instructions from the documentation:

login subversions
su -
export CVS_RSH=ssh
cd /subversions/sourceforge/src/savannah
cvs -q update

 because the root public key was registered in my authorized_key. The reason
I did that was to be able to commit changes made directly in the installed
tree (which is not possible with your change).

 I agree that this is a non-desirable hack (although it helped me a lot at
the beginning ;-). Thanks for fixing this.

 > Also, there are several changes made to that copy which have not been
 > checked into CVS.  This should probably be rectified by whoever made
 > these changes, so that appropriate log messages can be entered.  Here's
 > the output of "cvs diff -u" :

 I applied the changes and there are no pending changes in the tree now.
As you may have guessed, I was the one not following the rules. This will
not happen again.

    Cheers,