Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:08:33 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Gerald: we're discussing how to best integrate Gnats into the
> sourceforge-like frontend that we've put on our cvs server.  I'd
> appreciate your comments.

Thanks for the pointer!

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:49:38PM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:
> Gnatsweb has recently acquired a new maintainer, and it would probably be
> unfair to rewrite it without consulting.  What needs to happen is:

Let me provide some further details: I became gnatsweb maintainer earlier
this year because gnatsweb had been unmaintained for quite some time, none
else volunteered, and as we use gnatsweb for gcc.gnu.org, I already had
some patches and fixes, plus I noticed that patches by others had not been
dealt with properly.

However, I am not the best person to do this job (both in terms of
time and GNATS-related skills) ) and any kind of support in maintaining
gnatsweb is highly welcome.

As a matter of fact, should (one) of you be interested in becoming
gnatsweb co-maintainer, you're most welcome! :-)

> gnatsd needs to have a command added to it to provide details on the schema.
> gnatsweb needs to be able to adjust it's display based on this information.

My question, at this point, is: Does it make sense to enhance the official
versions of GNATS and gnatsweb with these features?

Given the lack of volunteers working on gnatsweb (and to a smaller degree
on GNATS) I'd like to avoid a fork if possible in any way and rather see
us collaborate on a common source base.

How shall we proceed?

Gerald
--