Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNATS host?
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:58:14 -0800

Gerald: we're discussing how to best integrate Gnats into the
sourceforge-like frontend that we've put on our cvs server.  I'd
appreciate your comments.

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 10:49:38PM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> Maybe this got lost in the flood of email, so I am re-sending only the
> part that needs an answer from Jeff. :)

Sorry, I'm not carefully reading all of my mail. =)

> > >  The integration will be lose, as it's the case with SourceForge.net
> > > currently. When this is done the only real benefit will be that
> > > savannah.gnu.org/projects/X/ will become a reference page to find a)
> > > CVS access, b) list of contributors, c) pointer to mailing lists, d)
> > > pointer to GNATS databases.
> >
> > We could achieve the same for GNATS, if we just put a link to
> > gnatsweb, and if we use the default database layout.
> >
> > But we have to decide first if we want to have something up and
> > running fast and not so good, or wait and have something better.
> >
> > The only problem is that I don't know how much we would have to wait,
> > but it seems that it would be almost a rewrite of gnatsweb, what do
> > you think Jeff?

Gnatsweb has recently acquired a new maintainer, and it would probably be
unfair to rewrite it without consulting.  What needs to happen is:

gnatsd needs to have a command added to it to provide details on the schema.
gnatsweb needs to be able to adjust it's display based on this information.

I have added Gerald Pfeifer to the cc: list for his opinion.

--
My UUism extends beyond national boundaries.